1 cup Agave sugar (or caster sugar)
2 tbsp Rosewater
125g packet Buderim Glace Ginger, finely chopped
1 cup almond meal
100g dark 70% cooking chocolate, finely chopped
200g pitted dates, chopped
Agave sugar, to dust
Fresh rose petals, to decorate
125g packet Buderim Glace Ginger, to decorate
1) Preheat oven to 170°C fanforced. Grease and line the base of 20cm springform cake pan with baking paper.
2) Using an electric mixer beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar and rosewater. Continue to beat mixture until thick and glossy.
3) Gradually fold in almond meal, chocolate, dates and Buderim Glace Ginger.
4) Spoon mixture into prepared cake pan smooth top and bake for 50 minutes until mixture is looking dry. It still will be sticky in the middle but not wet. Leave to completely cool in pan.
5) Remove cake from pan and place onto serving plate. Dust with sugar and decorate with extra Buderim Glace Ginger and rose petals.
Tip: This torte can be served with whipped cream or Greek yoghurt, flavoured with Rosewater.
Rosewater is available at Middle Eastern Grocers.