ROASTED CARROT AND GINGER SOUP
600mL – serves 2
300g Dutch or regular carrots, roughly chopped
2 French shallots, roughly chopped OR 1 medium-sized brown onions, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 pieces Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger, roughly chopped
500mL vegetable or chicken stock
carrot feathery tops, finely chopped OR
torn coriander leaves OR
chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Gently fry carrot and onions in butter and oil for 5 minutes or until vegetable just start to lightly brown around edges.
- Add cumin and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add Naked Ginger, stock, and seasonings. Bring to boil, then simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes until vegetables are very soft.
- Using a stick blender or food processor, blitz until smooth. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Ladle into warmed bowls or mugs and garnish with a spoonful yoghurt and finely chopped carrot feather tops, torn coriander leaves or chopped toasted hazelnuts.
- Accompanied with fresh crusty bread or lightly toasted ciabatta, baguette or focaccia, lightly sprinkled with virgin olive oil and rubbed with fresh cut tomato half or garlic.
A standard Australian Metric 250ml cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring sets are used
New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons