A quick and easy recipe that combines punchy flavours, tender beef and fresh salad to leave everyone wanting more!
- 800g skirt steak
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce (or to taste)
- 200mls of Buderim Ginger Refresher Cordial
- ¼ cup Mirin
- 1 cup Buderim Ginger and Lime Marmalade
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 60ml (1/4 cup) grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 4 Mini cos or other lettuce, washed, trimmed, leaves separated
- ¾ cup Kimchi
- 1 cup Kewpie mayonnaise
- 2-4 tbsp thick Chilli oil (depending on heat)
- 1 stem Spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 cucumbers, sliced into ribbons
- Finely chopped naked ginger
- Slice the steak into 6 steaks.
- Add all marinade ingredients to a small saucepan and place over low heat. Cook until the marmalade has broken down and the mixture takes on a runny jam like consistency. Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl. Add the steaks, cover and marinade for 30 minutes in the fridge. Bring to room temperature.
- Preheat a BBQ grill to smoking. Strain the steak from the marinade and char on the BBQ until medium rare, turning once. You can spoon over some of the marinade if you like. Alternatively, you can add the marinade mixture to a saucepan. Place over high heat on a hot plate and bring to boiling. Cook for 1-2 minutes then remove and serve with the remaining ingredients.
- Add the cucumber, spring onion, coriander and chopped ginger to a small serving bowl. Place on a large platter with the lettuce leaves. Add the kimchi to another serving bowl. Add the kewpie mayonnaise to another bowl and add a decent swirl of chilli oil. Allow the steaks to rest then thickly slice. Add to the serving platter.
To serve, add a little of each element to a lettuce leaf, wrap and eat while the steak is still warm.