GINGER & OAT BISCUITS
Crisp on the outside, slightly chewy on the inside. If using dark brown sugar, the wonderful taste of the molasses flavour comes through.
Tags: Crystallised Ginger 250g / Naked Ginger 200g
12 – 15 mins
100g Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger or Buderim Ginger Crystallised Ginger, finely chopped
50g sultanas, finely chopped
50g Mediterranean-style dried apricots, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
125g soft butter
3/4 cup light packed light OR dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup unbleached or regular plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bi carbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to moderate [180°C].
- Combine ginger, dried fruits and oats, mix until well combined.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla together.
- Add egg beat until just combined.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and bi carb. Add to creamed butter mixture, stir until well combined.
- Add ginger, dried fruits and oats combination, mix well. Dough is quite stiff.
- Divide mixture into 30 even portions, form into balls and place onto a non stick baking paper lined baking tray about 5mm apart as they spread slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes turning tray around if necessary half way through baking [biscuits will be a little soft to touch but will crisp up on cooling].
- Remove from oven, cool on tray on a wire rack for about 5 minutes then transfer to wire cake rack to finish cooling.
Immediately cooled, store in airtight container.
A standard Australian Metric 250ml cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring sets are used
NOTE: New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons