This Carrot, Walnut, and Ginger Loaf is a delicious spin on a traditional carrot cake with an added ginger bite! Try this recipe for morning tea, afternoon tea or even dessert.
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups carrot, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cups light flavoured extra virgin olive oil OR vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Buderim Ginger Original Ginger Marmalade
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a loaf tin/s with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the rest of the ingredients together until well incorporated.
- Add this wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well.
- Pour into prepared tin/s and bake for 1-1.5 hours until golden brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting and enjoy with lashings of butter!
Carrot, Walnut & Ginger Loaf