Watermelon and Herb Salad with Buderim Ginger Sweet Ginger Dressing
Share this Recipe
Combining the sweetness of watermelon, aromas of fresh herbs and tang of ginger and lime, this salad is perfect for summer entertaining.
- ¼ seedless Watermelon, chopped into 3cm cubes
- ½ cup Mint leaves, coarsely torn
- ½ cup Coriander leaves, coarsely torn
- ¼ cup Thai basil leaves, coarsely torn
- ¼ cup Vietnamese mint leaves, coarsely torn
- 1 stem green onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup Buderim Ginger Sweet Ginger Sauce
- 1 tbsp good quality thick chilli oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fried onion
- Toasted coconut
- Add the dressing ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Combine the watermelon and herbs in a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and using your hands, gently toss to combine, you want the watermelon pieces to be covered in the dressing. Squeeze over the lime juice and toss again. Sprinkle over the fried onion and toasted coconut if using and serve immediately.