(Makes 6 small galettes)
- 3 sheets short crust pastry (homemade or store bought)
- 2 x punnets strawberries
- 1 x lemon
- 1 x jar Buderim Ginger Lemon & Lime Marmalade
- 1 x egg
- 1 x tbsp sugar (optional)
- Ice cream & icing sugar (optional) to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees & line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash & thinly slice strawberries & place in a bowl along with a squeeze of lemon.
- Use a sharp knife to cut out rough circular shapes from the dough (use a small plate as a guide), then place a tsp (or more depending on personal taste) of the marmalade onto each pastry round & use the back of a spoon to spread evenly across pastry. Repeat process to make 6 pastry rounds.
- Next, place strawberries in the center of each pastry, leaving a 2cm gap towards the edge, then fold edges over – ensuring majority of the fruit is still exposed.
- Crack the egg into small bowl & whisk. Use a pastry brush to apply the egg wash to the pastry of each galette, then sprinkle with a little sugar (if desired). Carefully transfer galettes onto baking tray & bake in oven for 30 mins (or until golden). Serve warm with ice cream & icing sugar (if desired).
Strawberry & Ginger, Lemon and Lime Marmalade Galette