These ribs are a definite go to!!! Falling off the bone, melt in mouth, and the umami Korean and ginger flavours just make these babies so much for irresistible. I’ve created this recipe to be in two parts; one, getting the meat tender and then two, caramelising the sauce on the ribs. This way, we ensure that our meat is falling off the bone but also being able to enjoy the sauce not burnt! 😂 Be sure to try these out! You won’t be disappointed 😉
- 2 racks beef ribs (or pork if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Buderim Ginger Ginger Refresher Cordial
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Mix together marinade ingredients and brush over the ribs. Place ribs into an oven safe dish and cover with foil. Pour in 1 cup of water. This will create steam and tenderly cook our beef.
- Cook for 3-3.5 hours depending on size. Test meat for tenderness. You’ll be able to tell 😉
- Meanwhile, mix all sauce ingredients together and simmer for 20 minutes over a low heat or until thickened. Allow to cool.
- When the meat is cooked, brush over sauce and place under a hot grill and allow to caramelise. Repeat until you have a thick coating of caramelised sauce enveloping the meat.
- Garnish with spring onion, sesame seeds and chilli (optional).
Sticky Korean Ginger Ribs