These little beauties pack a flavour punch and are an easy dinner to whip up!
- 500g chicken mince
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon powdered chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons Buderim Ginger Sweet Ginger Sauce
- 1.5 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Buderim Ginger Sweet Ginger Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine (can substitute with water)
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons cornflour and 2 tablespoons water, mixed
- In a bowl combine all meatball ingredients.
- Vigorously stir until a thick sticky paste forms then allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the sticky glaze, whisk together soy sauce, ginger sauce, Chinese cooking wine/water, and chilli flakes in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add in cornflour and water and whisk until thick.
- Preheat a frying pan with a little olive oil. Drop teaspoons of the meatball mixture into the frying pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Once cooked, pour sticky glaze over the meatballs, and toss to coat.
- Serve hot with spring onion, chilli and black sesame seed for garnish and a side of rice.
Sticky Ginger & Sesame Chicken Meatballs