30 minutes in fridge
½ cup white sesame seeds
1 cup blanched flakes almonds
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup hazelnuts chopped into small pieces
1/4 cup finely chopped Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger
1/2 cup dates finely chopped
1/4 cup dried apricots finely chopped
6 dried apple rings finely chopped
1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
1 ½ cups spelt puffs
1 cup almond meal
1 tbls flaxseed meal
1 tsp Boabab powder
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1/4 cup pumpkin seed paste
1 tbls date syrup
1 tbls coconut syrup
1/4 cup tahini
1 tbls rice malt syrup
1 ½ tbls Buderim Ginger Original Marmalade
3 to 4 tbls melted coconut oil
360g dark (min 70%) chocolate
2 tbls coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. On an oven tray place sesame seeds, almond flakes, oats and hazelnuts and toast for 5 minutes.
- Add the toasted ingredients to a large bowl with the remaining bar ingredients and mix well with your hands. Once combined press the mixture into a tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- Place in the fridge to chill while you make the chocolate.
- For the chocolate coating melt the dark chocolate with the coconut oil.
- Pour on top of the chilled bar base and spread evenly.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before carefully slicing into bars.
Tip: If you want to avoid your chocolate top cracking, score the rows and columns with a knife first. The bars can be kept in a cool place or in the fridge.