- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 jar (180 g.) of Buderim Ginger original ginger marmalade
- 2 tbsp. wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 whole butterfly chicken
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and then add chicken to the bowl and coat the chicken with the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or leave overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place wire rack on top of a baking tray and place the marinated chicken skin side up on the rack. Put the left over marinating sauce into a small saucepan.
- Bake chicken for about 20 minutes. Turn chicken and bake another 15 minutes. Turn chicken again and continue cooking until the skin is golden brown and then brush with glazing from the next step.
- While waiting for the chicken to cook, put the marinating saucepan onto the stove on a medium heat to make the glazing sauce. Cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Brush the chicken with the glazing sauce and bake the chicken again until the glaze is just set and the chicken has cooked through (approximately 5-8 minutes). Serve with cooked vegetables.
Roasted Buderim Ginger Marmalade Chicken