- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Buderim Ginger crystallized ginger diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp rosewater
In a heat proof jug, microwave the syrup for 30 seconds or until the sugar dissolves
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
Mix until combined, it will form a thick paste. Microwave for 15 seconds until it thins a little and is pourable.
- Cream butter, vanilla and sugar. Add eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice, rose water and combine.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until mixed through.
- Pour into prepared cake pan, smooth the surface with a spatula and bake at 160C (fan forced) 180C (no fan) for 45 mins or until browned on top and skewer comes out clean.
- Poke holes all over the top of the cake while still hot, making sure to get right to the bottom. Pour the syrup over the cake while it’s still hot and in the cake pan.
- Let cool for at least an hour. Then pour the glaze over the cake and decorate with roses, crushed pistachios and chunks of Buderim Ginger crystalised ginger.
Persian Love Cake with Buderim Ginger