Pancakes with Ginger Poached Plums
4 (12 pancakes)
- 500g plums, washed
- 4 pieces Buderim Ginger Crystallised Ginger, finely chopped
- 100g golden sugar
- cinnamon stick
- vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped from middle
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1½ cups) milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80g butter, melted and cooled, plus extra to grease pan
Greek-style yoghurt and honey, to serve
- To prepare plums; wash, remove stones and cut into wedges.
- Add ginger, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla and 1 cup water to a pan. Gently heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add plums and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 mins or until plums are tender.
- To prepare pancakes; sift flour, sugar and bicarb into a large bowl, making a well in the centre. In a separate bowl lightly whisk eggs, then mix in milk, vanilla and melted butter. Add liquid mixture to flour and sugar whisking together until batter is combined.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Lightly grease the pan with butter.
- Pour 1/4 cups of pancake mixture into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on top. Flip pancake, cooking base for a further minute or until golden.
- Depending on pan size, you may only fit 1 or 2 at a time. Grease with additional butter as required.
- Divide pancakes between plate, topping with poached plums, a dollop of yoghurt and a drizzle of honey.
Products in this recipe