One of the things I love about cooking is you can make some absolutely fabulous dishes with little to no effort at all. That’s exactly what this no bake orange and Buderim Ginger slice is great for! I wanted to create a recipe that you could make super quickly for whatever you needed, especially last minute company!
- 80g room temp butter
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 250g plain biscuits (crushed)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Buderim Ginger Crystalised Ginger chopped
You can enjoy this slice with or without the frosting but if you would like the frosting you will need:
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 90g room temperature butter
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Then mix in the wet ingredients and stir well until combined.
- Line a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with baking paper
- Press the mixture into the tin and put in the fridge for about 30 mins to an hour or until set.
- This frosting is super quick and easy to make, just combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mix until you get a nice thick frosting.
- Spread over the slice, then put back in the fridge until set firm.
- Slice end enjoy!
Orange and Buderim Ginger No Bake Slice