Kokopod Ginger Truffles
- 370g Pure cream 35% fat
- 135g Unsalted Butter
- 30g Glucose
- 100g Buderim Naked Ginger
- 1g Sea Salt
- 800g Milk couverture chocolate
- 100g Dark couverture chocolate
- 150g Dark cocoa powder
- 10g Ginger powder
- Mince naked ginger in blender to form a rough paste.
- Warm the cream to 70C. Add minced ginger and cover with clingfilm for 5 -10 minutes to infuse. Add butter, glucose and salt. Cool to 30C.
- Pour over warmed couverture chocolates that are sitting at 40C.
- Use an immersion blender to blend to a smooth emulsion.
- Pour into lined shallow tray and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Sift the cocoa powder and ginger powder together into a large shallow bowl.
- Scoop 30g quantities and roll into firm balls. Place into bowl of cocoa and roll. Dust off excess cocoa powder and refrigerate again until ready.
Serve at room temperature – not straight from the fridge. Allow to sit for a little before serving