Grilled Prawns with Ginger/Wasabi Butter with Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger
(This makes more butter than required for this recipe. Keep any leftovers in the freezer wrapped tightly in cling film)
- Ginger coriander wasabi butter
- 400g butter at room temperature
- 1 heaped tbsp wasabi paste (or finely grated fresh wasabi root if available) or to taste as brands of wasabi vary considerably in heat
- ½ cup Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 kg King prawns, deveined, butterflied
- 1 ½ cups coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup spring onion, very finely chopped
- ¼ cup naked ginger pieces, chopped
- Place the butter ingredients in a blender and blitz until combined. Turn out on a large rectangle of cling film and wrap, rolling into a log. Seal at the ends and place in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Heat a bbq hot plate until almost smoking. Add 1-2 heaped tbsp of the ginger butter. As soon as it sizzles and foams, add the prawns, turning regularly and cook for 1-3 minutes or until lightly charred and the butter is fragrant. Top with another tablespoon of butter and cook for another 20-30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat. Add to a large bowl with the remaining ingredients. Toss and serve immediately. These are best eaten piping hot.