I have been loving eating just plain and simple crystallised ginger recently so I wanted to make a cookie that really highlighted it. And here it is. The subtle spice of the ginger brings together the warming mellow of white chocolate buttons and the abrupt crunch of roasted almonds.
- 150g butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- Pinch salt
- 25 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate buttons
- 1/2 cup Buderim Ginger Crystallised Ginger, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and salt and stir to combine.
- Fold through plain flour and baking powder until a cookie dough forms.
- Fold through almonds, white chocolate and ginger until evenly dispersed.
- Form into cookies (you can either go giant – golf ball size dough, or more small snack friendly – a ping pong ball size).
- Press onto baking tray to flatten into a cookie and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and totally optional but I love a little chocolate drizzle 😉
Ginger, White Choc & Almond Cookies