Prepare yourself for the MVP of ALL biscuits/cookies (whichever way you swing)!!! These beauties are almost macaroon in their outer texture. Crispy, crunchy and caramelised sugars on the outside. But inside, chewy and filled with spicy sweet ginger, nuts and earthy seeds. I actually think these surpass any biscuit I’ve made before (yes that includes my chocolate chip cookies!!!! BIG I KNOW). The mixture is quite wet but don’t be alarmed! This is what gives the biscuits their unique outer coating. Melt in the mouth, delish and using the best Australian ingredients – what could be better? 😍
- 1.5 cups oats
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 120g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Buderim Ginger Glacé Ginger, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix oats, flour, cashews, almonds, pepitas and sesame seeds until combined.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, golden syrup, brown sugar and ginger until combined and ginger is infused into the mixture.
- Pour this into the dry mixture and mix until combined. Finally add in egg and mix again. It is quite a wet batter but don’t be alarmed, this is what gives the final biscuits it’s unique attributes.
- Using an icecream scoop (for equal portioning), divide mixture into cookies and place onto the baking tray. Press slightly with hand.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. I loveeeeee mine with a cup of tea!
Ginger, Nut & Seed Biscuits