This slice has it all!!! Perfect snack, pre/post workout or maybe even for dessert (heated up with a scoop of icecream 😉). Sweet and warming ginger, earthy nuts and seeds, caramel from dates and honey and fudgey centre 🤤🤤 What more could you want?
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Buderim Naked Ginger, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dates, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 160g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a square slice tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix together oats, flour, brown sugar, pepitas, sunflower seeds, almonds, ginger, dates and cinnamon until well combined.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and honey together until frothy.
- Mix together baking soda and water and pour into saucepan with the butter mixture and allow to froth and foam.
- Pour into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Press into slice tin using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a deep golden brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
Ginger & Muesli Slice