Ginger Mince Pies
Share this Recipe
- 500g mixed dried fruit
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, grated
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 cup Buderim Ginger Original Ginger Marmalade
- 4 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- Combine dried fruit, apple, almonds, brandy, orange juice, mixed spice and marmalade in a bowl. Stir, cover and set aside overnight.
- Place pastry sheets onto a floured surface. Cut 24 discs using a 7cm cookie cutter or glass. Place discs in mini muffin tin, pressing them down gently. Put in the fridge for 15 mins to chill.
- Spoon fruit mince into pastry cases.
- Place another pastry sheet onto a floured surface. Cut 24 small stars using mini star-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 on top of each pie.
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden brown and heated through. Dust with icing sugar and serve.