GINGER MARSHMALLOW BISCUIT
1/2 cup caster sugar
2/3 cup plain flour
2/3 cup self-raising flour
1 teaspoon ground ginger
100g white marshmallows
1/4 cup sifted icing sugar
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup Buderim Ginger Ginger Lemon & Lime Marmalade
- Preheat oven to 180oC (Fan forced 160oC). Line two, flat sided baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in the sifted flours and ground ginger. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using a biscuit cutter of your choosing, cut and lift the biscuits onto the trays. Allow enough room for spreading. Re-roll the remaining pastry and repeat cutting.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to stand for 5 minutes on the tray and then transfer to a wire rack until cool.
- Place the Ginger Lemon & Lime Marmalade in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 1 minute until jam has thinned.
- To make the icing, combine the marshmallows and butter in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the mixture has melted and turns smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the icing sugar.
- Spread out a sheet of baking paper and place the coconut on. Working very quickly with a flat bladed knife spread the icing around the edge of the biscuit, leaving a circle in the centre for the jam to be placed. Dip the iced biscuit into the desiccated coconut and shake off any excess. Using a teaspoon, carefully place a dollop of Buderim Ginger, Ginger Lemon & Lime Marmalade in the centre of each biscuit.
- When completed, store in a single layer in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For a quicker version, purchase a packet of your favourite plain biscuits and jazz up with the icing step.
A standard Australian Metric 250mL cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring set are used
New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons