Recipe makes 15-20 biscuits
This one is a little play on the classic, old fashioned jam drops but with a modern twist. Indulge in a perfect buttery short biscuit with a sweet heat from Buderim Ginger Marmalade and a slight hint of floral woody notes from the thyme. Try these! You won’t be disappointed 😉
- 60g butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 5 cups SR flour
- 1/4 cup Ginger Marmalade
- Fresh thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla for 4-5minutes or until light and fluffy. The mixture should turn white.
- Add in the egg and mix well.
- Add in the flour and slowly mix just until combined. We don’t want to over mix otherwise the biscuit will become tough as the gluten in the flour is over activated.
- Roll a heaped teaspoon of the dough into a ball and press a hole in the centre with your finger. This is where the marmalade will go. Repeat until all the dough has been rolled and pressed.
- Arrange biscuits on the tray with around 4 cm in between each. They will expand.
- Spoon small amounts of the ginger marmalade into the centre hole.
- Bake for 10 minutes. They should be only slightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool, sprinkle with thyme if using and enjoy!
Ginger Marmalade Drops