30 mins + 2hrs marinating
1 bunch coriander
Juice and zest of 1 lime
8 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/3 teaspoon salt
60ml Buderim Ginger Reduced Sugar Ginger Cordial
2 chicken breasts
- Rinse the coriander. Pick off the leaves and place to one side.
- Wash the lime under cool water. Scrape or cut the outer green skin of the lime into extra fine filaments using either a zester, microplane grater, vegetable peeler or sharp knife. Place zest to one side. Take remaining lime, cut it in half, and squeeze the juice into a small bowl.
- Combine coriander root and stems, garlic, pepper, salt, lime zest, and lime juice into food processor. Add Buderim Ginger Reduced Sugar Ginger Cordial to moisten mix. Blend until pureed.
- Slice Chicken into strips and mix into marinade – leave for at least two hours
- Place chicken strips onto skewers and BBQ on flat plate.
- Serve with rice and coriander leaves.
Zest is the outermost coloured portion of the peel of lime and other citrus fruits. The white part just underneath is called the pith, and is bitter. To make sure you only remove the green part of the lime, turn it as you grate it.