GINGER, LEMON & LIME CHEESECAKE
850g cheesecake – serves 12
200g Arnott’s Nice biscuits
100g butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 eggs, separated
1 cup Buderim Ginger Ginger Lime & Lemon Marmalade, plus 2 tablespoons extra
1 cup lemon, lime and orange juice, combined
500g cream cheese, softened
300ml thickened cream, whipped
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Extra lemon and lime, thinly sliced, to decorate
Caramellised Lemon & Lime Slices
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan and grease and line the base of a 22cm springform pan. In a food processor, pulse biscuits until mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then transfer to a bowl. Stir in butter and nutmeg. Press mixture evenly over base of cake tin and bake in oven for 10 mins, or until lightly browned.
- Combine egg yolks, Buderim Ginger Ginger Lime & Lemon Marmalade and juices in a heatproof bowl, and whisk over a pan of simmering water for about 10 mins, or until pale and thick. Remove from heat. Sprinkle gelatine over ½ cup boiling water and whisk until gelatine dissolves. Cool for 5 mins. Stir into egg mixture.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Gradually add egg mixture, beating well after each addition. Cover and chill for 40 mins, or until just starting to thicken.
- With an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold into cream-cheese mixture, along with whipped cream and vanilla. Pour over biscuit base and smooth surface. Refrigerate overnight until set.
- Place extra 2 tbsp Buderim Ginger Ginger Lime & Lemon Marmalade in a frying pan until melted. Add thinly sliced lemon and lime, and gently sauté in marmalade until slices have softened and started to take on a little colour. Decorate cheesecake.
Using a metal spoon cuts through mixture ensuring the egg whites retain their light airy mass
A standard Australian Metric 250mL cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring set are used
New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons