GINGER, LEMON & LIME CHEESECAKE
First, all gelatines are not created equal. We used titanium or silver gelatine leaves, there is also gold, check carefully the manufacturer’s instructions. Using gelatine leaves is so easy, and there is no gelatine taste or stirring in complications. An unbaked cheesecake is not a ‘cake’, but nevertheless to say the word stimulates the taste buds. Our Cheesecake is deliciously intense in lemon and lime flavour!
850g cheesecake – serves 12
200g Arnott’s Nice biscuits
100g butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 eggs, separated
1 cup Buderim Ginger Ginger Lime & Lemon Marmalade, plus 2 tablespoons extra
1 cup lemon, lime and orange juice, combined
500g cream cheese, softened
300ml thickened cream, whipped
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Extra lemon and lime, thinly sliced, to decorate
Caramellised Lemon & Lime Slices
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan and grease and line the base of a 22cm springform pan. In a food processor, pulse biscuits until mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then transfer to a bowl. Stir in butter and nutmeg. Press mixture evenly over base of cake tin and bake in oven for 10 mins, or until lightly browned.
- Combine egg yolks, Buderim Ginger Ginger Lime & Lemon Marmalade and juices in a heatproof bowl, and whisk over a pan of simmering water for about 10 mins, or until pale and thick. Remove from heat. Sprinkle gelatine over ½ cup boiling water and whisk until gelatine dissolves. Cool for 5 mins. Stir into egg mixture.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Gradually add egg mixture, beating well after each addition. Cover and chill for 40 mins, or until just starting to thicken.
- With an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold into cream-cheese mixture, along with whipped cream and vanilla. Pour over biscuit base and smooth surface. Refrigerate overnight until set.
- Place extra 2 tbsp Buderim Ginger Ginger Lime & Lemon Marmalade in a frying pan until melted. Add thinly sliced lemon and lime, and gently sauté in marmalade until slices have softened and started to take on a little colour. Decorate cheesecake.
Using a metal spoon cuts through mixture ensuring the egg whites retain their light airy mass
A standard Australian Metric 250mL cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring set are used
New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons