Ginger snap biscuits
- 50g butter
- 40g brown sugar
- 60g rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup crystallised ginger (pressed through a garlic press)
- Heat oven to 180 degrees & line a baking tray with baking paper
- Melt butter, sugar & rice malt syrup together in a saucepan on low heat. Remove from heat once all melted.
- Add flour & both gingers, then stir to combine. Spoon onto baking tray, allowing enough space for biscuits to double in size.
- Bake for 12 mins, remove from oven & allow to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 egg whites (room temperature)
- pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 90 degrees & line a baking tray with baking paper
- Using a stand mix, whisk egg whites & salt together until peaks form. With whisk running, slowly add sugar one tablespoon at a time until all incorporated.
- Transfer mixture into a piping bag & pipe small meringues (approx 3-5cm diameter) onto tray.
- Bake in oven for 3hrs & allow oven to fully cool down before removing trays. Store in an air-tight container.
To arrange Eton Mess
- Break meringues & ginger snap biscuits into small portions, thinly slice flesh of 1 mango & thinly slice a few pieces of crystallised ginger. Prep all other ingredients (custard, whipped cream, mint leaves, sweet ginger sauce & lime) into serving bowls.
- In a glass layer custard, biscuits, cream, meringue, mango, mint leaves, crystallised ginger, sweet ginger sauce & lime to individual liking & serve immediately.
Ginger Eton Mess