- 2 tbsp. @buderimginger refresher cordial
- 4 tbsp. @buderimginger original marmalade
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1 ½ tbsp. Dutch cacao powder
- 50g. butter
- 500ml. whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. gelatin powder
- @buderimginger dark chocolate ginger and crystallised ginger (for garnishing)
- cherry, chocolate curls (optional for garnishing)
- Chill metal mixing bowl and mixer beaters in freezer and chill whipping cream in refrigerator for a light whipped cream result.
- Put ginger cordial and gelatin powder in a bowl and stir until mixed through and let the gelatin to ‘bloom’ for 5 minutes.
- Put chocolate, cacao powder and butter in a large sized microwave safe bowl and warm until the chocolate starts melting. Remove from the microwave while a couple of chunks of chocolate are still visible. Using silicone spatula mix all ingredients until the chocolate has completely melted and then mix the ginger marmalade in the bowl and let it cool.
- Pour 50ml. of whipping cream into a pot and heat until nearly boiling then scrape all blooming gelatin into the pot, mix until gelatin has completely melted.
- Pour the cream and gelatin into the chocolate bowl, mix them well and set it aside. Let it cool at room temperature.
- Whipping cream: in the chilled bowl, beat 450ml. of whipping cream to medium peaks. Stir in 1/3 of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Then fold half of the remaining whipped cream into the bowl, mix until combined and then add the rest of the whipping cream. Mix them well but try not to overwork the mousse.
- Spoon into martini glasses or chocolate cups and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with @buderimginger dark chocolate ginger and crystallised ginger, cherry and chocolate curls. Serve chill and enjoy.
Ginger Chocolate Mousse