- 6 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Buderim Ginger naked ginger diced
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium bowl, combine grated carrots and brown sugar. Set aside for 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Line muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in the white sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir in the pineapple and ginger.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir into the wet mixture until absorbed.
- Finally stir in the carrot mixture and the walnuts.
- Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. When completely cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened (113g)
- 226g cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups icing sugar (500g)
- 2 tablespoons Buderim ginger refresher cordial
- Combine butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer (or you may use an electric mixer) and beat until creamy,
- well-combined, and lump-free.
- Add vanilla extract, ginger refresher and salt and stir well to combine.
- With mixer on low, gradually add powdered sugar until completely combined.
- Use to frost completely cooled cake or cupcakes.
Ginger Carrot Cake Muffins