Ginger Beetroot Relish
This versatile and very tasty Ginger Beetroot Relish will fast become a staple in your fridge. Try adding it to your next cheese board, your guests will be in awe of your relish skills!
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds,
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 500g beetroot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 small brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and coarsely grated
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and coarsely grated
- 8 pieces Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 orange juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Light toasted cumin and mustard seeds in large heavy based pan.
- Place all ingredients in pan over medium-high and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or until beetroot is tender and mixture has thickened.
- Spoon into sterilised jars.
Tip: Wear disposable gloves when preparing beetroot to avoid staining your hands.