GINGER ANZAC BISCUITS
3/4 cup unbleached or wholemeal plain flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup shredded or desiccated coconut
1/2 cup granulated sugar
125g butter, melted
50g Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger, crushed or very finely chopped
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to moderately slow [160°C].
- Mix together flour, oats, coconut and sugar.
- Gently melt butter, add Naked Ginger mix well.
- Combine golden syrup, soda and boiling water. While still frothing, add melted butter mixture and immediately pour into flour mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon about a teaspoonful (about the size of a small walnut) -We used a teaspoon and fingertips to create a round shape, place onto non stick baking paper lined baking tray allowing about 2cm between each biscuit, as they will spread. Press down gently.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes, turning the tray around if necessary, half way through baking until deep golden brown in colour.
- Remove from oven, cool on tray on a wire cake rack for about 5 minutes then transfer to wire cake rack to finish cooling.
- Immediately cooled store in an airtight container.
Using a garlic press to mashginger, it creates an easy method to create a fine result
A standard Australian Metric 250mL cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring sets are used
The New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons