This recipe takes inspiration from Sri Lanka and India to produce this wholesome and nourishing dish.
- 4-6 organic chicken marylands, skin on
- 10-12 fresh curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Sri Lankan curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp fish sauce or to taste
- 1 x 250ml can Buderim Ginger Ginger Beer
- 1 x jar of Buderim Ginger Marmalade
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
To serve (optional)
- Coconut rice
- Curry leaves
- Coconut chips
- Fried ginger
- Asian micro greens
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Add the Sri Lankan curry powder, turmeric, ginger beer, marmalade and garlic to a small saucepan. Place over low heat and cook until mixture is smooth and a sauce like consistency.
- Line a high sided baking tray with baking paper. Place the chicken Marylands in a single layer across the base. Pour over the jam and ginger beer mixture, you want the chicken to be partially submerged in the liquid.
Cook for 1 – 1.25 hours, checking and basting regularly. You want the chicken to be browning and the sauce to take on a thick golden caramelised type texture.
Remove from oven, scatter with fresh curry leaves and coriander and serve with a side of coconut rice.