Ginger and Turmeric Roast Chicken with Buderim Ginger Beer and Ginger Marmalade
Share this Recipe
This recipe takes inspiration from Sri Lanka and India to produce this wholesome and nourishing dish.
- 4-6 organic chicken marylands, skin on
- 10-12 fresh curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Sri Lankan curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp fish sauce or to taste
- 1 x 250ml can Buderim Ginger Ginger Beer
- 1 x jar of Buderim Ginger Marmalade
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
To serve (optional)
- Coconut rice
- Curry leaves
- Coconut chips
- Fried ginger
- Asian micro greens
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Add the Sri Lankan curry powder, turmeric, ginger beer, marmalade and garlic to a small saucepan. Place over low heat and cook until mixture is smooth and a sauce like consistency.
- Line a high sided baking tray with baking paper. Place the chicken Marylands in a single layer across the base. Pour over the jam and ginger beer mixture, you want the chicken to be partially submerged in the liquid.
Cook for 1 – 1.25 hours, checking and basting regularly. You want the chicken to be browning and the sauce to take on a thick golden caramelised type texture.
Remove from oven, scatter with fresh curry leaves and coriander and serve with a side of coconut rice.