- 2 cups long grain rice
- 100g butter
- 3/4 cup naked ginger, finely chopped
- 1 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Zest from a lemon
- Handful mint leaves, finely chopped
- Cook rice as per the packets instructions.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter, ginger, cashews and cumin and microwave for 1 minute intervals until the butter is melted and has become bubbly.
- Remove and add lemon zest.
- Add this mixture to the cooked rice and stir until well combined. Allow to completely cool.
- Once cool, stir through mint. This is so the mint stays fresh and vibrant. Serve as a side at BBQ’s, summer dinners or simply by itself!
Ginger and Cashew Rice