Ginger and Cardamom Pavlova with Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger and Refresher Cordial
- 8 eggwhites at room temperature
- 500g caster sugar
- Dash white wine vinegar
- 20g corn flour
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- ½ tbsp ground ginger
- ½ tbsp cardamom, freshly ground
Ginger crème fraiche
- 2 tbsp Buderim Ginger Refresher Cordial
- 1 cup crème fraiche
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- ¾ cup Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger
- ½ cup pistachio kernels
- 3 tbsp rose petals dried
- Preheat oven to 130C.
- Line a large baking tray (approx. 40cm x 30cm) with baking paper.
- Add the egg whites to a clean dry bowl of an electric mixer. Whisk on medium until you see ribbons starting to form across the top of the mixture. Very gradually begin to add the sugar, about a tablespoon at a time so it is well incorporated into the egg white. Once all sugar has been added, increase mixer speed to high and whip for about 3 minutes then turn off the mixer. Gently sift over the cornflour and then add the white wine vinegar, vanilla, ginger and cardamom, and stir to combine.
- Turn out onto your tray and, using a palette knife or spatula, spread the mixture across the baking paper, creating a few tips and dips in the meringue as you go. You can do this flat as a slab or about 25cm in diameter circle for a more traditional pavlova shape.
- Place in the oven and immediately turn oven down to 100C. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour then turn off the oven and leave the pavlova to finish cooking. Don’t rush this component, leave it for at least two hours to ensure it has time to set and forms a lovely thick crust.
- Combine the ginger cordial, crème fraiche, mascarpone and vanilla extract in a bowl then whip lightly until thickened only until it holds some shape. You don’t want to over whip this. Dollop or spread across the pavlova. Top with chunks of ginger, pistachio nuts and dried edible rose petals and serve immediately.