Recipe By Ella Rossanis
- 225g butter (at room temperature)
- 150g brown sugar
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 420g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarb
- 1 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 60g Buderim Baking Ginger
- 150 g white chocolate cut into chunks
- 150 g caramelized white chocolate cut into chunks
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time beating until combined.
- Add the flour, bicarb, salt, cinnamon and cloves and mix until just combined.
- Making sure not to overmix, carefully stir in the Buderim Baking Ginger and chopped chocolate, reserving a few of the larger chunks to push into the top of the cookie.
- Line the bottom of a large 30cm springform pan with baking paper. (You can use a slightly smaller pan if you want – it will make a taller, fudgier cookie. You will need to cook it slightly longer.)
- Press the cookie dough into the pan and smooth. Press the reserved chocolate pieces into the top of the dough. Pop it in the freezer to firm up for 30 mins to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 and bake for 16 – 20 minutes. You know it’s done when the edges are browned and there is some browning to the top. Don’t let it’s wobbliness fool you, it will firm up when cool. You want it to remain gooey inside, so don’t overcook!