FIG, PECAN AND GINGER LOAF
Buderim Ginger Glacè Ginger, glace figs and pecan compliment each other in this fine textured loaf. It is a great eat anytime, and makes a particular good travelling loaf for the lunchbox or the occasional picnic.
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 x 59g eggs
100g Buderim Ginger Glacè Ginger, or Buderim Ginger Crystallised Ginger, finely chopped
80g glace figs, finely chopped
60g pecans, finely chopped
1/2 cup unbleached or regular plain flour
1/2 cup self-raising flour
75mL [1/3 cup] sour cream
- Preheat oven to moderate [170°C].
- Carefully butter or oil a large loaf pan [19cm x 9cm]. Line base with non stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until soft, creamy and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in Glacè Ginger, or Crystallised Ginger, figs and pecans.
- Sift flours together and add to ginger mixture with sour cream, mix gently until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until when cake is tested with a fine cake skewer it comes out clean. Cool on wire cake rack for 5 minutes, then remove cake from loaf pan to cake rack to finish cooling.
Serve sliced as is or with butter or cream cheese or your favourite spread, and Original Ginger Marmalade or Ginger Lemon & Lime Marmalade.
A standard Australian Metric 250mL cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring set are used
New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons