- Butter, room temperature
- Cream cheese
- Granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Crystallised Buderim Ginger (Roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup Buderim Ginger Original Marmalade
- Preheat oven to 175c or 160c fan force and line a large baking pan with baking paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt until incorporated, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla essence, beating until combined. Fold in flour, crystallised ginger and 40g. of shredded coconut to form a dough.
- Put remaining shredded coconut (80g.) into the medium sized bowl.
- Use ice cream scoop or medium sized spoon to scoop the cookie mixture and roll the mixture into balls. Then put it into the shredded coconut bowl and roll the cookie balls with coconut to coat it. Use both hands to roll the coconut coated cookies to make sure the dried coconut adheres firmly. Place the cookie balls on the tray, 6cm. apart, flattening slightly.
- Press in the center of each ball to make a deep indentation with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Add ginger marmalade to the center of each cookie and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly golden and cooked through.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes and then use a flat spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Coconut and Buderim Ginger Marmalade Cookies