CHOCOLATE AND GINGER TARTLETS
A delightful flavour hit of Buderim Ginger Original Ginger Marmalade and Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger that is tumbled through the thick, rich texture and slightly acidic flavour of mascarpone. Then piled into crisp sweet shortcrust pastry cases and dipped in chocolate. It’s very easy to prepare and delicious to eat!
6 prebaked individual pastry tartlets
3 tablespoons Buderim Ginger Original Ginger Marmalade or Ginger Lemon & Lime Marmalade
125g Italian-style mascarpone
4 pieces (20g) Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger, finely chopped
50g your favourite dark cooking chocolate or 70% cocoa dark chocolate, melted
2-4 pieces additional Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger, finely slice for decoration OR
- Divide and spread marmalade on the base of each of the tartlets
- Combine the mascarpone and finely chopped Naked Ginger, mix well.
- Divide and carefully spread the mascarpone mixture over marmalade, piling more in centre to form a pyramid-shape.
- Carefully melt the chocolate either over hot water or as per manufacturers instructions in microwave oven. If chocolate is too thick, just add a drop of vegetable oil, this will make chocolate more manageable to dip tartlets. Keep chocolate over a bowl of hot water.
- Dunk each tartlet case into melted chocolate face down, so chocolate liberally coats filling of each tart.
Decorate with either the additional finely sliced Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger.
The size of prebaked tartlet cases, about 70mm diameter and 28mm deep
Substitute Naked Ginger for either Glacé Ginger or Crystallised Ginger.
A standard Australian Metric 250mL cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring set are used
The New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons