This tender beef is comfort and umami in a bowl 🥰 the slow cooker makes for an insanely tender, rich and warming braise with a slight kick but sweetness from the ginger. Simply put it on in the morning and 4-6 hours later, you’ll be left with a luxurious meal. I like to think of it as takeaway without the mega $$$ tag! 😉 Ps Buderim Ginger Glacé Ginger in this is the real deal!!! A definite must try 🤤
- 1kg beef brisket or chuck steak
- 2 onions, large slice
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60g Buderim Ginger Glacé Ginger, chopped
- Small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 5 teaspoons Chinese five spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- Trim the fat off the beef brisket and cut into large slow cooker pieces.
- In a frying pan over a high heat, add a little oil and sear the chunks of beef on all sides until caramelised. This makes for a quicker cook in the slow cooker but more importantly, extra flavour!!!
- Place meat and all other ingredients into the slow cooker and stir until combined.
- Pop on the lid and cook for 4-5 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- Serve beef with rice and greens and a little sauce (remember, it’s very rich!)
Chinese Style Braised Beef with Ginger