CHICKEN AND BEEF SAUSAGE ROLLS
Using minced chicken and premium mince beef, creates a coarser texture, which is gently seasoned to compliment the Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger. Creating a main meal, a snack or bite-size treats.
Who doesn’t love a good sausage roll recipe? These tasty little morsels will have everyone coming back for more.
15 – 20 mins
Up to 16
1 to 2 spring onions, finely chopped including green tops
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 rasher [80g] middle rasher bacon, finely chopped
250g minced chicken
250g premium minced beef
1 [150g] raw potato, washed and grated [peel if preferred] 4 large pieces [25g to 30g] Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger or Buderim Ginger Crystallised Ginger
1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley OR 2 tbs finely chopped coriander leaves
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly milled white pepper
2 sheets store bought puff pastry, thawed
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, lightly crushed
2 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- Gently fry onions, garlic and bacon until bacon fat is translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- Preheat oven to very hot [200°C].
- Combine chicken, beef, grated potato, Naked Ginger pressed through garlic press, parsley or coriander, curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix gently, but thoroughly.
- Spoon meat into a plastic bag, squeezing meat to one corner, cut corner of bag with scissors [this makes an ideal disposable piping bag].
- Cut each pastry sheet in half. Brush lightly with water.
- Pipe meat mixture along side of pastry. Using pastry interleaf paper to assist to roll into a large sausage roll, press edges of pastry down to seal. Cut each roll in half, quarters or eighths depending on the occasion.
- Place on a non stick baking paper lined baking tray. Brush tops and sides with milk. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to moderate [180°C] and continue baking for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until pastry is gold brown in colour.
As a main course serve with chunky tomato relish or your favourite sauce and a fresh green garden salad.
Minced beef can be substituted for sausage meat for a finer textured sausage roll filling.
A standard Australian Metric 250ml cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring sets are used
New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons
If you liked this recipe, here are some others you may enjoy: