- 1&1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1&1/4 cup smooth ricotta
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup cherries. pitted & roughly chopped
- 6 uncrystallized ginger cubes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup smooth ricotta
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- Fresh cherries , pitted & finely chopped
- Uncrystallized ginger cubes, finely chopped
- Lime zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees & grease donut pan.
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, ground ginger & salt. Make a well in dry ingredients & add eggs, ricotta, milk & vanilla. Stir until mixture is smooth. Gently fold in cherries & uncrystallized ginger.
- Spoon batter into donut pan & bake for 15-20mins or until lightly brown. Allow to cool fully before icing.
- To make icing, combine ricotta & icing sugar together, mixing until smooth. Spoon onto cooled donuts, then top with cherries, ginger & lime zest.
- Store in fridge until serving, any un-iced donuts can be frozen.
Cherry, Ginger & Ricotta Donuts