Although at first, this recipe seems strange, it combines unique flavours that work harmoniously. This loaded toast has a slight sweet acidity from the tomatoes, a richness of the butter, a mellow warmth from the ginger all paired with umami goodness and good quality sourdough. Perfect for a late brunch, entertaining or a weekend indulgence. 🥰
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 1 spring onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Buderim Ginger Sweet Ginger Sauce
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- Sesame seeds & extra spring onion for garnish
- Slice half of the cherry tomatoes in half and leave the rest whole. This adds body to the loaded toast.
- Slice garlic and spring onion, reserving the greens for the garnish.
- In a frying pan over a medium heat, melt butter and add spring onion and garlic. Season and allow to sweat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and allow to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. We are looking for a thick sauce consistency.
- Add in Sweet Ginger Sauce, chilli flakes and soy sauce cooking for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast sourdough until golden brown.
- Butter sourdough and top with hot tomatoes. Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion and eating immediately!!!
Buttered Tomatoes & Ginger