- Unsalted butter, softened, for baking sheet
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup Buderim Ginger glace ginger diced
- Vegetable oil, for spatula
- Butter a 1 inch deep baking tray.
- Stir together sugar, 1/2 cup water, and the salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over high heat but don’t stir it.
- Once the sugar has melted and started to turn golden,about 3 to 4 mins, keep cooking while stirring occasionally, until sugar has melted and mixture turns golden amber, about 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from the heat. Stir in peanuts and Buderim Ginger glace ginger. Immediately pour peanut mixture onto buttered baking sheet. Quickly spread mixture to 1/2 inch thick using an oiled metal spatula. Let cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Break brittle into pieces. Brittle can be stored in an airtight container, up to 2 weeks
Buderim Ginger Peanut Brittle