- Dumplings wrappers (I use store bought)
- 250g beef mince
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cabbage or brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup coriander
- 1/4 cup spring onions
- 1/2 cup red capsicum
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3cm (ish) knob fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup naked ginger uncrystallised Buderim Ginger
- Finely shredded all veggies & place in a large bowl. Grate fresh ginger & finely chop uncrystallised ginger & add to bowl (I used my thermomix to shred all this)
- Add the egg, mince, garlic + all sauces & mix with hands to combine.
- Spoon small tsp amounts into centre of dumpling wrapper & fold to desired shape (I highly recommend watching YouTube to learn folding techniques).
- Place dumplings onto floured tray while you fold the rest.
- Heat oil in large pan to high heat. Work in batches to pan fry bottoms of dumplings for 3-5 mins. Once bottoms are browned, add 1/2 – 2/3 cup water to pan & cover with lid to steam dumplings for 5-7 mins (taste test one to see how long you need to steam for).
- Repeat process until all dumplings are cooked. Serve with spring onions, chilli, coriander & choice of sauces – I used kewpie mayonnaise, sriracha mayonnaise, soy sauce & @buderimginger sweet ginger sauce
Beef & Ginger Dumplings