Apple & Ginger Crumble
Share this Recipe
Perfect for these cooler nights, this wholesome and warming Apple & Ginger Crumble will have you coming back for more.
- 8 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 50g Buderim Ginger Glace Ginger, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g brown sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 170g chilled unsalted butter, cubed
- 50g brown sugar
- 50g whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 50g rolled oats
- 50g ginger biscuits, well crumbled
- Vanilla ice cream
- Heat the oven to 180°C/ fan-forced.
- Toss all the filling ingredients together in a large bowl and transfer to a large ovenproof dish. Cook filling for 10 mins to soften, then remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Sift flour into another large bowl, rub in the butter with your fingers until it becomes a coarse and crumbly mixture. Mix in the brown sugar, almonds, oats, and ginger biscuit crumbs to combine, then scatter evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the topping is golden and the fruit filling is tender and bubbling slightly at the edges.
- Remove from oven and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Tip: To crumble ginger biscuits place in a zip-lock bag and gently crush with a rolling pin.