4 Ingredients – Fruit Cake
- 1kg mixed dried fruit
- 3 cups (750ml) ginger refresher cordial (made on 1 cup: Ginger Refresher Cordial & 2 cups of water)
- 3 cups (450g) self-raising flour
- In a large mixing bowl, place the fruit.
- Pour over the cordial, cover with cling wrap and soak overnight.
- Preheat oven to 125C. Line a 22cm cake tin with baking paper
- Add the flour, and stir to combine; this is a thick mixture so you may need a little elbow grease.
- Using a spatula, scrape the mixture into the prepaid tin.
- Decorate with pecans, starting from the outside in; laying them in a circular pattern.
- Bake for 2 ½ hours. Remove and leave to cool completely.
- Refrigerated, this will keep in an air-tight container for weeks.