15 – 18 mins
200g butter, softened at room temperature
1/4 cup pure icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
60g Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups unbleached or regular plain flour
1/4 cup cornflour
1/4 cup custard powder
1/3 cup Buderim Ginger Ginger Lemon & Lime Marmalade
- Preheat oven to moderately hot [190°C].
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until pale in colour and creamy.
- Add chopped Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger and beat a further 1 minute.
- Sift flour, cornflour and custard powder together. Add to creamed butter mixture beat carefully at this point as mixture will resemble coarse breadcrumbs. Using fingertips to gently knead dough into a ball.
- Divide mixture into 30 even portions, form into balls and place onto a non stick baking paper lined baking tray about 5mm a part. Using a small bottle top about 22 to 25mm diameter [I used a lidded vanilla bottle up-side down], press down gently, but firm creating a reasonably deep indentation; fill each indentation with a teaspoonful of Ginger Lemon & Lime Marmalade.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes turning tray around if necessary half way through baking, until firm and a light brown in colour.
- Remove from oven, cool on tray on a wire rack for about 5 minutes then transfer to wire cake rack to finish cooling.
Immediately cooled, store in airtight container.
Substitute Buderim Ginger Ginger Lemon & Lime Marmalade with Buderim Ginger Original Ginger Marmalade
A standard Australian Metric 250mL cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring sets are used
New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons